Not a treatise on money management, this is a much-needed guide to the psychological aspects of retirement and how to make your retirement relationship happy, fruitful, loving, and successful. Written by noted psychologist Dr. Sara Yogev, who has spent over 30 years specializing in work and family issues, and drawing from actual accounts of retired couples, this book:
• Helps you prepare emotionally for the dramatic life changes during retirement;
• Coaches you to find new purposes to your life beyond work;
• Nurtures the relationship with your companion to strengthen your friendship and love;
• Explores sexuality after retirement and how you can enjoy each other as much as you did as a younger couple;
• Recommends strategies to successfully deal with differences around money, time together versus apart, housework, and family relationships.
It is crucial that couples prepare themselves and their marriages psychologically for what could very well comprise a quarter of their lives. A Couple’s Guide to Retirement shows you how to do that—so that you’ll have the time of your lives.